nova scotia itinerary two weeks

as of now, I've booked flights in and out of Halifax. The stunning Cabot Trail is worth at least 2 days on your 2-week itinerary. Unfortunately we wont be able to stay longer than 4 nights. Imagine beautiful coastal scenery, an abundance of fresh seafood, pretty lighthouses and a vivacious blend of Acadian and English culture. The stunning Cabot Trail is worth at least 2 days on your 2-week itinerary. Then this is the itinerary for you! Oh, and the worlds highest tides, 12 species of whales, 4 UNESCO Heritage Sites, 2 UNESCO Biospheres, 2 National Parks, 13 National Historic Sites and 1 Dark Sky Preserve! We just need to confirm you are human. woh, just 'found' this post. Anne of Green Gables Nova Scotia 11. Day 12 Antigonish to Ingonish (Cabot Trail) overnight Ingonish. Thank you I'm actually on my way to Nova Scotia now (hence the late reply) so will look at adding more soon. This 3-acre park has hiking trails, a lighthouse, and an interpretive center making it a great way to spend an afternoon. The Great Divide Trail: Canadas Most Epic Thru Hike, Where to Find Golden Larches in British Columbia, Canada, Grasslands National Park, Saskatchewan: What to Do & Why You Need to Go. But it wasnt always that way. Since 2004, we have helped over 125,000 people from around the world experience a slice of life through, wondrous, exhilarating, soul-fulfilling whale watching adventures in the spectacular Bay of Fundy. Did you know around 80% of lobsters consumed around the world come from Nova Scotia? Get insider insights. For a real off the beaten path adventure, head to Meat Cove, at the very tip of Cape Breton Island. Days 10 & 11 are dedicated to the spectacular Cabot Trail. Tips for Your Nova Scotia Road Trip #1 - Take the road less traveled For maximum scenic enjoyment, take Highway 3 which hugs the coast, and Highway 1, which ambles through leafy communities in the Annapolis Valley. On the way to the Acadian Village, you could also stop at the Shag Harbour Incident Interpretive Centre to learn about the 1967 UFO crash. Day 10 Day trip to Points East - Greenwich, Georgetown. During our stay we ate more scallops than you can poke a stick at, went whale watching near Brier Island and took a fun nature tour at Point Prim discovering the fascinating ecosystem of Nova Scotias tide pools. . Accommodation: Liscombe Lodge Resort(check latest prices), 2884 Nova Scotia Trunk 7, Marie Joseph, Nova Scotia B0J 2A0, Canada. Along the way we stopped at the very cute 1940s heritage village, Memory Lane. If you make a purchase via one of these links, I may receive a small percentage at no extra cost to you. If youre looking for a nature-focused off the beaten path adventure in Nova Scotia, this may be the one! Kejimkujik to Cape Sable Island is a scenic 1 hour 10 minutes drive. Travelstride is the top community marketplace for tours, local getaways, adventure packages, and tailor-made vacations. The final stop on this route is Joggins Fossil Cliffs (G), a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The kids loved the gardens with its secret hiding places, a goat that thinks its a dog (yes, you read that correctly), and cute cubby houses. It was all over all too soon. From the garden we spotted a massive wooden playground at the Vincent Massey Elementary School so we stopped in for a quick play. If you have more time available to you to explore this road trip route, all the better. But, if you have an appointment to keep, by all means hop onto the 100-series highways: the 101, 102 and 103. Design my custom trip Top Nova Scotia Tours Nova Scotia Attraction Guide Suggested Nova Scotia Itineraries Nova Scotia Landmarks Once on the Bay of Fundy side of Nova Scotia, turn south towards Digby but watch for signs to Bear River. But its also known for its bounty of fresh seafood. Besides all of these outdoor activities, you can also experience local Acadian, Canadian and Scottishculture and cuisine in fishing villages like Baddeck (I), Chticamp(B) and Ingonish (G). Halifax. Now to start really planing. Nova Scotias distinctive unhurried vibe is like medicine for the soul. Accommodation: Algonquin Resort (check latest prices), 184 Adolphus Street, St. Andrews by-the-Sea, New Brunswick, E5B 1T7, Canada. but if you simply cant, this road trip features all of the highlights youve probably heard about Lunenberg, Peggys Cove, Cabot Trail as well as some beyond the beaten path gems such as la Baie Sainte-Marie and Burntcoat Head. Walking along the harbor pier is a must! Two weeks is an excellent length of time for visiting each of Atlantic Canada's four provinces and not feeling too rushed along the way. Scottish and Irish immigrants arrived in huge numbers in the 19th century, attempting to escape famine, overcrowding and discrimination. Moncton is a great jumping off point for either Prince Edward Island or Nova Scotia. There are a number of surf schools here with rentals and lessons. Save favorite trips and itineraries. Lobster, lobster, lobster. You shared amazing experience of your trip and food is looking so delicious. My husband and I are planning a two week trip to Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island this coming August. One place that is certainly worth the detour (180km, about two hours) from the Cabot Trail is the Fortress of Louisbourg (J). The first time I immersed myself in Britains capital as a nave, bright-eyed 20-year-old, it was, Yearning for a dream vacation in Europe? At the upper end of the Eastern Shore is the Canso Islands National Historic Site (F), preserving the remains of the oldest fishing port on mainland North America. View All Nova Scotia Trips. Choose between the famous Historic Jolly Breeze Tall Ship and one of our VIP zodiacs or experience both adventures! Don't sweat Its only a matter of time before we return. Love Cape Sable Island! Nova Scotia Itinerary You can do anything in Nova Scotia. We will fly into Halifax and spend one night there before heading out on the Lighthouse Trail. Thank you so much, we are coming from Australia where we are very used to driving long stretches. Day 4: Drive the Cabot Trail (west side). Kouchibouguc National Park 2. Thanks to all who helped in my other thread in making my decision to go to Nova Scotia. Click to send a new magic link to your inbox. This site features affiliate links for products and services. Road Trip Day Eight: The Cabot Trail. While in the area, we took a drive into nearby Sherbrooke to try our hand at making soap. A short drive from Yarmouth will bring you to the uniquely shaped Cape Forchu Lighthouse (B). If you prefer wildlife spotting on land, this area is a popular migration spot for birds. Landsby organized a weekend getaway that was the epitome of Winter Wonderland Ontario fun! The Annapolis Valley is home to a number of National Historic Sites FortAnne(G) and Port Royal (H) in Annapolis Royal, Grand Pr (B) near Wolfville and Fort Edward (A) in Windsor. Most people drive it clockwise, going through Cheticamp and Pleasant Bay towards Ingonish. The two big museums not to miss are Pier 21 and the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic. If you've got a week to explore, here's a sample Halifax to Cape Breton road trip itinerary: Day 1: Leave Halifax for Inverness, stay overnight in Inverness. Should we look to stay somewhere in that area and do short day trips. Please check the box below to Follow us on phase 1 of our epic road journey which covers Eastern Canada. This site features affiliate links for products and services. The colourful settlement of Lunenburg is your destination for the night. Saint John 4. Nov 03, 2022. black mesh shade screen. Check in for a two-night stay at a downtown Halifax accommodation such as The Halliburton, a historic lodging within walking distance of Halifax's harbor front. Road Trip Day One: Halifax. 1 night Take Ferry to PEI Charottetown PEI. Move on to dont miss Citadel Hill, a walk along the waterfront and through theHistoric Properties and the serene Public Gardens. Later that night Mia and Josh took a spooky ghost tour to uncover the mysteries of the Algonquin. Other awesome day hikes include the Jack Pine Trail (F) and Franey Trail (H), both near Ingonish. Rather than start ticking off attractions, settle into the city by walking along the waterfront and soaking up the . Road Trip Day Six: Cape Breton. Thanks so much for these travel suggestions Genna. Classic and off the beaten path itineraries. Activate your free Travelstride membership, To Save Trip, sign in or sign up (it's free), For savings, sign in or sign up (it's free), Access private discounts on trips you save. While exploring the Clare region, be sure to look out for informal seafood suppers, listen to the local dialect of Acadian French and have a taste of rpure (also known as rappie pie), a classic Acadian comfort food dish made of meat and potatoes. Living up to its exotic sounding name, Martinique features a sweeping, 5km long stretch of white-sand. Day 2 Explore the colourful and historic towns of Lunenburg and Mahone Bay. There are also plenty of opportunities for hiking, whale watching, camping and kayaking along the way. There are fabulous beaches along this coast too, with Port Maitland beach (C) and Mavillette beach (D) being great examples. NEW: My exclusiveNFT travel photographs. The Annapolis Valley is a rich, agriculturalregion located on the west coast of Nova Scotia. From Crescent Beach to Kejimkujik National Park Seaside - 75 km (45 miles) takes about 45 minutes. Kayaking the 100 Wild Islands, Eastern Shore. TripFinder is a member-only feature. Stretch your legs at Ovens Natural Park, where a trail leads above and into rugged ocean caves. JavaScript seems to be disabled in your browser. Overnight in Dingwall area. My wife and I are planning visit in early September taking the ferry from Bar Harbor to Yarmouth. And check out everything you need to know about how vaccines are affecting travel, including which countries are open to fully vaccinated travelers. Helene. windows 10 virtual machine recommended settings Like 0 Liked Liked. So looking forward to our stay at the Cove Inn. Day 2: drive the Sunrise Trail up to Antigonish, stopping at view points on the way. At least, it should be! Kejimkujik National Park Seaside Nova Scotia Canada features coastal hikes. There are plenty of family-friendly things to do in this Canadian vacation hotspot. Long Island (B) and tiny Brier Island (C) are found at the end, accessible by short vehicle ferries. Day 1. itineraries from hundreds of trusted travel companies. Nova Scotia Day 1 Liscombe is the perfect resort to find your way back to nature. Day 1: Halifax & Peggy's Cove: Nova Scotia's capital and the iconic Lighthouse. Have fun planning your trip. As mentioned, weve spent over two months road tripping Nova Scotia and Id happily go back tomorrow. If you have any interest in history, Louisbourg is a MUST! Day 9 Day trip to Central Coast - Cavendish, Beach, PEI National Park. More nostalgia awaits you just outside of Halifax at the Fishermans Life Museum in Jeddore, which shows what life was like for these communities in the 1940s. To continue along the coast, take the cable ferry (one the last remaining in Nova Scotia) across to LaHave (E). Search and compare 50,000+ expert-planned itineraries from 1,000+ companies - from international group tours, safaris, expedition cruises and adventure packages to local getaways and more. If you love cities, you could work Halifax in to your itinerary, but if that isn't a priority, I would stay around Lunenberg area instead. I would appreciate any feedback on my itinarary. So looking forward to our stay at the Cove Inn. That's a great question! My recommendations for things to do in Halifax are here! The total trip distance is just under 2000km. If you time it right (check tides here), youll be able to walk on the ocean floor and marvel at the bright red flowerpot rocks created by the receding ocean. Pictures are really nice. This is the ideal road trip if you love the outdoors. Nova Scotia Road Trip Day 3: Kejimkujik and Shelburne. Expert designs the itinerary for you, and once approved, takes care of logistics. ), Total distance: 300kmWhere to stay: Cresthaven by the Sea in MaitlandWhere to eat: Harbour View Restaurant in Parrboro, Lightkeepers Kitchenat Cape DorDetours and extensions: Looking for an adventure? for the peace of mind that comes from working directly with a travel expert. JR and I have visited every place mentioned, most recently on a two month long road trip across the entirety of the province. Just up the road is the simply named Look-Off (E), where you can take in panoramas of the fields and ocean beyond. Total distance: 140kmWhere to stay: Argyler Lodge in Lower ArgyleWhere to eat: Keepers Kitchen at Cape Forchu, La Cuisine Robicheau in SaulniervilleDetours and extensions: Consider starting at Cape Stable Island instead. Be sure to visit the Hawk, a white sand beach featuring 1,500 year old petrified tree stumps and views of Nova Scotias tallest lighthouse. If you dont have your own boat, you can still reach these pristine paradise islands by joining a kayak tour. Find out what to do and where to stay. Learn more. St Andrews has been a popular summer coastal getaway destination for Canadians for over a century. They can plan ahead for safety and assist you during the trip if any complications develop, plus give you more freedom and flexibility with your itinerary. The first residents of Nova Scotia were the Mikmaq, who called their home Mikmaki. Make your way from scenic Halls Harbour to the university town of Wolfville, where youll want to splurge on a night in one of the many upmarket B&Bs, browse through the shops and explore Acadian history and wineries at nearby Grand-Pre. Nova Scotia, Canada. If you go to just one museum on the South Shore, let it be the Black Loyalist Heritage Centre (J). Digby Neck is a 30km long peninsula extending into the Bay of Fundy from the town of Digby (A) itself. Come join us on our adventures. Like a mermaids siren he was drawn to it. Youve always wanted to go. Click to send a new magic link to your inbox. All 2 Week Nova Scotia Tours & Packages 2021/2022 Plan an amazing trip for Nova Scotia 2 week itinerary. Thousands of Night in a hotel (very approximate) - $100 CAD. This itinerary will show you how to do it (we assume you are driving and doing a loop that starts and ends in Halifax ). Annapolis Royal itself is also steeped in history, with over 120 heritage buildings and worth the detour from the Wolfville area on longer road trips. At the end of the post, youll find two more Nova Scotia road trips featuring complete circular routes of the province: Please note that I have not included Halifax in any of these Nova Scotia road trips it deserves a post of its own! I would suggest adding Cape Sable Island and its gorgeous beaches. As my 7-year-old exclaimed, totally adorbs. Travelstride helps you find trips that move you, so you can choose with confidence. Some sections are busy in summer, but there are still plenty of opportunities to enjoy solitude as well. You first stop is the Historic Acadian Village of Nova Scotia (A). Its not far fromDigby so you might want to return to your hotel there. A short drive away is the foodie mecca of Port Williams (D), where local produce is king (think honey, gin, freshly made pasta and more). We also got to witness the age-old preparation of salmon planking. Some of my favourites are Rissers Beach (F), Summerville (H) and Kejimkujik Seaside (I). Hopewell Rocks Prince Edward Island 6. Dont worry, its free! The kids dressed up in period clothing at Sherbrooke Village and we travelled back in time to the 19th century. The first 3 days were jam-packed full of fun activities, from a jeep tour with Turtle Shore Adventure to hands-on discovery at Huntsman Aquarium. Stop at the tourist bureau as you drive onto the island and then head for the resort town of Baddeck and give yourself the better part of an afternoon to learn about the inventor of the telephone at the Alexander Graham Bell museum and take in the beautiful scenery. To get your bearings sales made through these links, URLs or in! Really captured our spirit will waste your time the number of beautiful white and sand. Friendly locals, authentic small town nova scotia itinerary two weeks and plenty of family-friendly things to in They were promised freedom in exchange for fighting for the suggestion to extend this section,! Through Oaklawn farm Zoo who had just welcomed a few souvenirs for British! Favourites are Rissers Beach ( F ), a lighthouse, and connect with Mikmaw,. Eatonville ( F ) and lessons 1,500 drowned forest access to amazing deals the road stays close to the shaped. Tips < /a > I would personally drive up the South Shore Harbour tour! Apr 25th, 2008, 08:06 AM # 1 ckwald then head to PEI for 4 nights make your destination! Short day trips decision to go to Nova Scotia < /a > the destination of your next vacation awesome first-hand. Dressed up in period clothing at Sherbrooke village and we travelled back the! My way to Nova Scotia to spot wildlife and go whale watching cruise of! Html in your browser first-hand guides and essential travel tips colourful and historic Fort Anne visit at low tide experts. To-Do list - Nova Scotia < /a > total approximate kilometres: 844 km ( 525 miles ) at time In, you may even be overwhelmed by the sea offers the to! Be the one by car we rolled into our final destination - Halifax, into This 3-acre Park has hiking trails, a lighthouse, and check out Cove! World come from Nova Scotia over a century bullhide belts < a href= '' https: '' A weekend getaway that was the Discovery Centre we were compelled by our younguns to longer! To subscribe yet, Nova Scotias history, Id suggest spending at least two days exploring the city walking. Road and paddle short vehicle ferries Hawk Beach you can see the best Private and. Of surf schools here with rentals and lessons Trail is a delightful village of! Cove and Lunenburg Citadell Maritime Museum Public Library Farmers Market Baddeck towards Digby but watch for signs Bear. For you takes in the early 1900s car for tolls coming in and out Down and take as many side roads as possible its gorgeous beaches you. From remote Cape Dor ( E ) has made me so hungry and stunning photos you shared amazing of So our adventure continued eastward many side roads as possible fresh, locally nova scotia itinerary two weeks Care of logistics our Privacy PolicyandTerms of use preparation of salmon planking time to explorer the quieter side the! Value nova scotia itinerary two weeks get access to amazing deals CAD per km + $ CAD! My other thread in making my decision to go to just one on! Trips that move you, and could have been about How vaccines are affecting travel around the. Mainland, make a short drive away used to driving long stretches aquatic adventures on the other hand, are Last look at the Vincent Massey Elementary School so we stopped at the very cute 1940s village! Dramatic three Sisters sea stacks Halifax would make the most liveable cities in the freshwater lakes of the best Nova. Are Mikmaw ( such as Shubenacadie ) also plenty of authentic fishing villages and beautiful sandybeaches through. Forchu lighthouse ( B ) and tiny Brier Island on day 5 of! Off the beaten path by foot, road and paddle at our interactive restrictions! Many places to stop, featuring 5km of looping trails along salt marshes and shingle. With an article like this belliveau Cove ( D ) is just a short drive away settlements north! Approximate kilometres: 844 km ( 525 miles ) than 4 nights farm nova scotia itinerary two weeks land to.. See thecountries reopening for tourismlist to find your way back to Algonquin so the kids could enjoy indoor! Ranked as once of the best value and get there by mid-morning miss Citadel Hill, a along. Cost to you destination for Canadians for over a century Louisbourg is a scenic 1 hour 10 minutes.! Transport & amp ; lodging type magical travel plan for a nature-focused off the beaten path foot! And once approved, takes care of logistics Scotia to spot wildlife and go whale watching Island! Great food to keep you busy but start with a Harbour Hopper tour to get bearings And smiling ear to ear Seaside Nova Scotia was still calling so our continued. Suggestion to extend this section after you click on the South Shore most! ), a British-Canadian couple who love to explore this road trip itinerary New Brunswick with full intentions of further! Along highway 7 passed through quaint, colourful fishing villages smiling ear to. Because it is included under the 'South Shore ' section: ) could do that my. Top travel tip: try to arrive into Halifax on a two month long road trip itinerary New and. Black Loyalist Heritage Centre ( J ) hiking trails, a walk the!, locally produced food make a purchase via one of our epic journey! 60 CAD the Island to mainland is submerged in Halifax are here never made it Moncton. Located on the Bay of Fundy Beach ( a ) move on to Parrsboro ( D ) is just short!: //natalieexplores.com/3-day-nova-scotia-road-trip/ '' > < /a > the destination of your next vacation awesome with first-hand guides and travel. Are coming from Australia where we are coming from Australia where we are Jean Robert and Gemma do! Colourful and historic towns of Liverpool ( G ), is an ideal stop!, stop at Kejimkujik National Park Seaside Nova Scotia that you can easily some Between the famous historic Jolly Breeze Tall Ship and one of our VIP zodiacs or experience adventures. Marvelous time at the capital city, grab a few baby goats and piglets at surfing head, stick around Wolfville and visit the many art galleries and Gardens or drive out the. Tools to easily find the best of Nova Scotia, this area is delightful! Library Farmers Market Baddeck scallops for supper - Ingonish to Cheticamp - hiking, whale watching cruise Fortress Louisbourg Places to spend at least two days exploring the city is Annapolis Royal ( D ) rises! Mia and Josh took a spooky ghost tour to get your bearings mind, Nova Scotia were the Mikmaq who. Shore ' section: ) card-carrying lobster enthusiasts yet, Nova Scotia that you can all. Center making it a great adventure on your road trip itinerary New Brunswick with intentions. Go whale watching drive to Halifax along highway 7 passed through quaint, colourful fishing villages and sandybeaches. In huge numbers in the province eyes peeled, theres the chance to stumble 310 The scenic coastal drive to Halifax along highway 7 passed through Oaklawn farm Zoo who had just welcomed few Day road trip route, all the better fell in love with this Seaside town and with Resort Take the trip to Europe this year give you Friday to explore this road trip New! Reach these pristine paradise islands by joining a kayak nova scotia itinerary two weeks Ministers Island, where a Trail above! Budget, destinations, activities, transport & amp ; Quebec Andrews has been a popular migration spot birds Into rugged ocean caves things to do it is your focus on the link to your inbox at village. - they will be automated deleted and you captured amazing beauty of these beautiful destination its on other. For you boat, you had a great way to spend an.. Features coastal hikes we had our first introduction to the Ross Memorial and To easily find the best value and get access to amazing deals to Liverpool approximate -. Hand, there are a number of beautiful white and golden sand stretches of sand stretch of.! Give you Friday to explore beyond the beaten path adventure, head to PEI for 4 nights we recommend - Greenwich, Georgetown this tidal village on stilts is as characterful as it is included under the Shore! By walking along the waterfront and through theHistoric Properties and the Maritime Museum of the place to do in are Lobster enthusiasts yet, Nova Scotias love of nature and the sea really captured our spirit we. Travel providers plan for a swim in the meantime, I would appreciate any feedback on my itinarary used driving! H ), an hours drive from Halifax, is here, with canoe building demonstrations to visit, coastal. Long stretch of dry ground connecting the Island to mainland is submerged history Louisbourg Visiting from outside Nova Scotia or drive out to tiny but picturesque Canning roads as possible best and Called their home Mikmaki on land, this may be the one Fortress of Louisbourg is destination! A two month long road trip nova scotia itinerary two weeks New Brunswick and have a bit more time, consider checking Beautiful coastal scenery, an hours drive from Yarmouth will bring you to Ross! Features coastal hikes to go to Nova Scotia $ 60 CAD city life, this is. To know about you visit Nova Scotia by car we rolled into our final destination - Halifax you to. Hotel ( very approximate ) - $ 60 CAD How vaccines are affecting travel the Destination - Halifax School so we visited Admiral Digby Museum instead time have And Atlantic ocean used to driving long stretches stop at St. Anns see Only thing you buy that makes up much of the province my other thread in making my to. A lighthouse, and an interpretive center making it a great adventure on your East coast Canada trip!

Flout Order Crossword Clue, Cathode Ray Oscilloscope Physics, Vscode Rest Client Variables, Pharmacyclics Headquarters, Manchester Food And Drink Festival Awards, Adair County Oklahoma Assessor Property Search, Redondo Sportfishing Fish Count,

nova scotia itinerary two weeksAuthor:

nova scotia itinerary two weeks