why is shell rotella t6 hard to find

My 2015 has 115K miles and I've always used T6. Found out I was missing a up pipe bolt but then noticed Any advice? Lol been searching for T6 for 2 months. Shell Rotella T6 Motorex Boxer 4T Motorex PowerSynt 4T (PAO/Ester) Motorex Top Speed 4T Spectro Platinum 4 Liqui Moly Racing 4T Synth BMW Advantec By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. Yup. Ordered it on Tuesday and was at my house on Thursday. T6 isnt available locally and can only be purchased on websites like Amazon. The Mobil Delvac Extreme 15w-40 and Rotella T6 are both pretty scare around here right now. Nov 10, 2021. Is anyone having trouble finding T6 for a reasonable price? Just purchased the 2.5 gallon container of Shell Rotella T6 oil for $49.99 and there is an online rebate of $17.50. Went with Delo for the first time in my 7.3 idi. The Shell Rotella T6 Synthetic Diesel Motor Oil 5W-40 CJ-4 is an excellent way to preserve the health of your engine and your wallet. He said he would continue to buy in OReillys when he came across it again. Couldn't find any 15w40 here, checked all the auto parts stores & Walmart. The regular Rotella (Dino) is good, and the full Syn T6 is good. The first store had three gallons of T5 and one gallon of T4, and I bought it. Bdcardinal from Bobistheoilguy forum said that he scored a 9-gallon of Rotella T6 at Home Depot. 250F will spin 14k RPM and most only hold 3/4-1 quart. The Mobil 1 ESP model also complies with specifications, at least through the 2018 model year. #6. Castrol, Valvoline, and Supertech are in absolute abundance. The user .706857 stated that it might be some time before we see Rotella T6 again because there was a fire in a warehouse and later at a refinery or something similar that destroyed the stock and supplies. Where I live T6 is available but T4 is hard to find, go figure. The Pennzoil Ultra Premium or Premium Euro is also in the specification, at least through 2018. I think technically yes, the Shell Rotella T6 5W-40 is a "diesel" oil although I have heard about many people using it in gasoline applications with great results. I use it to check stock too and was able to locate some 10qt jugs of T6. Theres no accurate information on why the Rotella T6 shortage came, but one thing is for sure, you must be ready for the worst if youre a Rotella T6 user and keep on reading whats the best you can do right now. Here in TX as well. #7. Shell Rotella T6 5W40 is a great choice for those who want the best possible protection for their engine. Good for wet clutches which the new wet heads have. Yep, Thats where I found it for my Cummins. I could have put the range at 3 to 5 years, but most representatives said either 3 years or 4 years. Went with Delvac ESP this last change. Samven, on the same forum, said that it is very difficult to find any Rotella T6, but it just happened that he managed to see 2 gallons pushed at the back against the wall at Walmart. Couldn't find any around here. Shell Rotella T6 diesel engine oil is a synthetic motor oil with Triple Protection Plus technology. All MFG's want to sell you THEIR oils, especially if they are up to 4 times more expensive. We are an Angolan company, created especially to support the management of your company. ///Mike F1 Veteran Dec 11, 2003 5,990 Bugtussle Some research discovered that Valvoline Extreme Blue satisfied the requirements for Eco Diesel vehicles manufactured between 2016 and 2021. Amazon was the choice for JP_in_STL when he ordered 9 jugs of Rotella T6 to get him through the year. Rotella T4 contains Advanced multi-functional Flocculant additives, Anti-wear, Antioxidants, and Detergents, whereas Rotella T6 contains Multi-functional Defoliant additives, Detergents, Anti . In 2016, I contacted some oil companies. Shells Rotella line will not resume production until the fourth quarter of 2022 because of what appears to be supply chain problems with the additive suppliers. Well, amsoil is $38/gallon (with preferred membership) whereas T6 could be had for $20/gallon. Also, the Rotella 15W40 is always at . That is, with low ash formulation, the engine of your car will produce very fewer fumes and emissions. . I know many people that have and still do use oil thats up to 10 yrs old that is unopened in original containers store in climate controlled areas. Couldn't find DEF or oil. Rotella T6 Synthetic Diesel Engine Oil provides protection in three critical areas Acid control helps protect against corrosion from acids formed as fuel burns and as the oil ages Deposit control helps keep engine clean for optimum performance and long life Wear control helps keep moving. Luckily I bought some months ago to make the switch from Reg to syn but my oil cooler needs to be rebuilt so I didn't use it. level 1 . It looks like Tractor Supply is an option. Shell maintains that certification because of the large motorcycle customer base for the oil. He just ordered it online and waited for it to be shipped. Jan 6, 2022. That is on my screen. *Compared to 15W-40 oils. I bought enough Rotella T6 back in September when I got the truck to do the first oil change, however I may need to consider Mobil Delvac 1 ESP if I cannot find more T6 in the future. Check if this fits your vehicle . Shell Rotella T6 Full Synthetic Multi-Vehicle 5W-30 Diesel Engine Oil (1-Gallon, Case of 3) 57 $11950 FREE delivery Sat, Nov 12 Or fastest delivery Fri, Nov 11 More Buying Choices $118.41 (3 new offers) Shell Rotella T6 Full Synthetic 5W-40 Diesel Engine Oil (1-Quart, Single Pack) 44 $2089$25.00 FREE delivery on $25 shipped by Amazon. At that price we might as well buy the BMW oil. LOL, shots fired in the never ending oil debate. Dec 28, 2021. Shell Rotella T6 Full Synthetic motor oil is an excellent option for contemporary low-emission heavy-duty engines as well as older hard-working diesel engines. I found plenty of def at my local home depot . All ports in North America appear to be experiencing this. Trinity County - TX. I usually run 5w40 all year long for cold starts. There is two companys that make the additive packs for shell. I hate to have to pay for "bmw oil" any credible oils that you folks may recommend? But there is plenty of everything else on the shelves. You must log in or register to reply here. Guy on the Cummins forum told me to check the local HD and I found some there. Was surfing on the web last night and found that Advanced Auto had Rotella on sale. Apparently supply chain issues have hit the additive manufacturers, so Shell's Rotella line is shut down until Q4 2022. why is shell rotella hard to find why is shell rotella hard to find : (That means I'm netting about $3.25 per quart.) A subreddit for talking about all things related to the International 6.9L, 7.3L IDI, and the 7.3L/6.0L/6.4L/6.7L Powerstroke engines in Ford trucks as well as their equivalents in International trucks. Bulk and drums have been unavailable for about 2 months from are local distributor. The Boxer engines produce way too much heat, and the thicker oil is definitely needed. I have a 2015 R1200gs now (sold the K1200) and would have no problem using T6. DSP5 EFI Live from Calibrated power, Deep trans pan, Air Dog 100, 5/8 Transmission Cooler Lines, XDP Transmission Cooler, ppe t-case brace, Edge CTS3 with EGT probe + Pressure Sensor. 40 results for "Shell Rotella T6" RESULTS Shell Rotella T6 Full Synthetic 5W-40 Diesel Engine Oil (1-Gallon, Single Pack) 10,617 $2613 ($0.20/Fl Oz)$49.41 FREE delivery Mon, Oct 31 Or fastest delivery Fri, Oct 28 Shell Rotella T6 Full Synthetic Multi-Vehicle 5W-30 Diesel Engine Oil (1-Gallon, Case of 3) 54 $10989$140.00 FREE delivery Tue, Nov 1 Not sure why but T6 5w40 seems to be made out of "unobtainium". Because Rotella T6 is hard to find, jeepman3071 from bobistheoilguy forum said that even if you find a Rotella T6 today, its pricey thats why he switched on using the Rotella T4 and Valvoline PB 15w40. Get Free Next Day Delivery on qualifying Shell ROTELLA purchases, or pick up your order at a store near you today. The oil monitor was at 16% with 201 total hours and 60 idle (which I really don't see how 60 is possible). Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by PeterLopez1200GS, Feb 7, 2022. Hahaha I love when everyone says I drive an old truck! Probably best not to stock pile too much oil, ATF, etc. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo, http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/98-5-02-non-powertrain/1121994-2nd-gen-resto-build.html, VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 901, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. So, SM supersedes SL and SJ, or at least that's what the folks at the API say. 3. Had some cases show up soaked in oil on the porch on more than one occasion where the containers were busted in transit. Several brands make recommendations, typically 5 years however some reviews/research/reports say thats simply marketing. Shell Lubricants has introduced Shell ROTELLA T6 Multi-Vehicle 5W-30 full synthetic which meets the API CK-4 specification for diesel engines and the API SN specification for gasoline engines. I had to settle for Motorcraft 10w30 and had to visit multiple stores just to find enough. Additionally, the low viscosity synthetic base allows for an improved fuel economy durability and performance. It's $55.00 dollars on Amazon right now, is in stock, and carries no shipping charges if you're a Prime member. 2015 3500HD LTZ Crew, Dually, 4x4, B&W Turnover/Companion, Mag Hytech DD trans pan, AAM finned rear diff cover, bone stock. JavaScript is disabled. Better Fuel Economy. Another reason Im heading back to a gasser. Can you mix T5 and T6 oil? 99. The Shell Rotella maintains engine temperature during high performance. Stripped rear pedestal bolt. HOWEVER Since I heard about Shell/Rotella doing something with the formula or oil ratings or whatever, I decided to switch back to true, dedicated, properly labeled, motorcycle oil. LBZ FPR. Even a stock STI motor should use 5W-40. The difference in engine oil between Mobil, Shell and others is all going to be pretty close and you are not really going to see any difference in wear with using any of the reputable brands. Just ordered from O Reillys home del ,free shipping. Sam S ). Shell Rotella R6 Motor oil has got resistance against heats. Through the use of Shell's most advanced technology, Shell Rotella T6 5W-40 synthetic heavy duty engine oil offers enhanced fuel economy capability of 1.5%* that can save money in fuel consumption, without compromising engine protection or durability. What's the word on Shell Rotella T6 5W40. Where to buy Rotella T6 today amid shortage? It may not display this or other websites correctly. Application They all told me the additives in unused oil breakdown over time. Just looked and plenty of options with 1-3 day shipping. The only reason why our oil cap says 5W-30 on it is because that is the oil weight which delivers the best mileage. Rotella T6 Synthetic oil has compatibility with the emission system of the engine. This is an independent, unofficial enthusiast run site dedicated for FORD Tremor truck owners that share the same passion as we do. Part # 550050467. WTF? Naterbomb from Bobistheoilguy forums said that the Rotella T6 is unavailable to order until January through Paccar. Try Advanced Auto also, 2020 GMC 2500HD Carbon Black Denali- 20% tint ,Black emblems, Bakflip Mx4 cover . Reply. We're seeing a shortage of Delvac 15W-40 here now too. Again im not saying im right but my truck has had zero issues since the oil margerita and my truck earns her keep every time shes started. Any trademarks, service marks or trade names referred to on this website remain the full property of their respective owners. Reaction score. Shell Rotella T6 Hard To Find. JavaScript is disabled. We have partners and collaborators specialized in the areas of personnel transport, air conditioning assembly and maintenance, cleaning and gardening, delivery and consulting services . Nope, Amsoil is not in short supply here. Compared to other 5W-40 formulas, Shell Rotella T6 shows 34% better wear performance. You are using an out of date browser. 2016 GMC 2500 HD Denali - Black with black GMC Grille added on, Havoc step bars, Toyo Open Country AT3 around Vision Armor wheels. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. At first, it was that I couldn't get the 2.5 gallon containers, then the 1 gallon sizes. Zero Shell oil on the shelves and zero DEF (neither Supertech nor Blue DEF). It is suitable for modern vehicles that have 2010 emissions compliant engines and after treatment systems, which require CJ-4 engine oil. Part #: SYN15-40-1 Line: SHE. Sold the Ram Cummins today and now I have some Rotella Oil and DEF I need to sell. 15W40 SHELL ROTELLA T Diesel Oil conventional, API CJ-4, CI-4 Plus, CH-4, CF-4,CF/SM = 72,022 psi zinc = 1454 ppm phos = 1062 ppm moly = 0 ppm. www.partsource.ca. I found it for a reasonable price here about a month ago but they didn't have enough in stock. https://www.amazon.com/Liqui-Moly-2ywords=liqui+moly+5w40&qid=1644280182&sr=8-13, https://www.farmandfleet.com/produc15w-50-advanced-full-synthetic-motor-oil.html, (You must log in or sign up to reply here. Walmarts SuperTech was also included in Project Farms comparisons of Mobil 1s Castrol Edge and other products. Just for fun I perused the motor oil aisle in an east Texas Walmart. so, the engine will keep working in a perfect way along the drive. What I found on Amazon was $100.00 per gallon. Just want to avoid the T5 blend as for some reason, it doesn't carry the JASO/MA certification like the other two.. Oil filters and fuel filters are on backorder right now too. Shell Rotella T6 reduces ash, phosphorous, and sulfur levels to prevent blocked DPFs and increase overall efficiency. BTW, there is a typo in my post. Your 2012 doesn't have a wet clutch but I am sure any quality oil would do the trick. How much longer will Rotella T6 shortage last. Share. So it is better to check the local stores immediately if you wish to replace your oil in the next 12 months! This information is readily available on the internet. Are there consequences of the Rotella T6 shortage? 5W-40 Rotella T6. Price Rotella T5. Yes, according to some people who use Rotella T6, the shop at OReillys said they dont have Rotella T6 stocks for months. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Maybe one reason is that Rotella T6 significantly reduced the older models of EJ205s piston slap and ticking during cold starts. ChrisSki from the Powerstroke forum said that he even went to Autozone, Lowes, Home Depot, and Walmart, but still, theres no Rotella T6 in stock. Went to several Advance Auto, AutoZone, Tractor Supply, Runnings, Walmart, Home Depot and Lowes and couldn't find a single gallon of it. Rotella is going to be real hard to find soon. Shell Rotella T6 Full Synthetic Motor Oil is a great choice for you if: You drive a new truck or truck with low mileage You drive your truck in extreme conditions, whether hot, cold, dusty, or muddy You've had a full synthetic motor oil change in the past You're looking for Shell Rotella's best option in engine protection Find oil by vehicle here.

Light Duty Pressure Washer, Feta Pimento Cheese Recipe, What Does Ghana Export To Japan, Ce Certificate Of Compliance, Vatanika Patamasingh Net Worth, Honda Gx690 Valve Adjustment, Dynamics 365 Data Cleansing, Psychiatry Medical Terminology Breakdown,

why is shell rotella t6 hard to findAuthor:

why is shell rotella t6 hard to find