robert baratheon vs arthur dayne

Superhero battle match: Arthur Dayne versus Robert Baratheon. Against someone in actual plate, with a crushing warhammer, I think show pretender to the Dayne legacy is cooked. He didn't even start his training . Which Greek god can last the longest in NNN? His warhammer is made specifically to crush shit, and was so heavy that Ned could barely lift it. Scenario 1: Robert faces of against Arthur Dayne instead of Rhaegar Targaryen at the battle of the trident (Book Dayne), Scenario 2: Robert faces of against Dayne from the show, Scenario 3: Robert Baratheon vs. Ned stark and his group at the tower of Joy (how would he fare 4v1?). Whyd you vote the way you did? New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. (Spoilers Main) Who is this Celtigar woman missing an eye? we dont know how long it took robert to find him in that huge battle. He is Dayne's equal if both were fighting with regular swords. So, if Dayne moves effectively, which he should given his weight and lighter weapon, it will leave Robert open to an attack. when people talk about the top fighters in ASOAIF, its usually about nobility and jousting as much as it is about pure fighting ability. Lots of chaos. This is the most basic combat skill any castle-trained lordling would be taught and you can be certain that Dayne was a master of it. Rhaegar won the Tourney at Harrenhal beating both Dayne & Selmy. Thankfully, we know from the show that no one in Ned's group is extremely competent, nor strong, as they seem unable to overpower a guy using just one hand to block their strikes when most of them are fighting with a two handed grip, nor are they actually capable of attacking as a unit properly. Skill-wise I rank Dayne higher, but the chaos of the battlefield would punish him more than Robert, costing him the win. I think it's universally accepted that he is at the top of the list. Arthur or Jaime are described to be. Robert Baratheon vs. Jaime Lannister Thread starter Lee-Sensei; Start date Apr 26, 2019 Apr 26, 2019 Dayne. The winner of the golden flair and the champion who convinced everyone that his warrior would win is: codylac for Robert Baratheon! I agree, Robert was a beast. It was my pleasure, and congratulations on the victory it was very well earned. Dawn might be able to do more damage than a typical great sword, but we'll probably never know. Female Robert Baratheon * Robarra was dauntless, a force of nature, the centre of any room she was in even at sixteen. Put 'em in an arena, though, and the odds would turn the other way, I think. I thought if the two characters fought 100 duels it would be around 51 to 49. According to a semi-canon source, Prince Rhaegar Targaryen kept Lyanna Stark at the tower of joy after her abduction near Harrenhal. Weird, I thought that there was a direct statement. For those who wants to support me on Patreon; http://patreon.com/NedimCanIncebay ( I really don't want to make anyone feel obligated to give me anything, but. The Dayne knight that bears the sword is granted the title of "the . Instead of Robb influencing Theon, the opposite occurred. Another thread made me think about this, and I'm curious what opinions you guys have. I got the info from an offhand source at Westros.org so don't quote me. www.patreon.com/WilliamBernard===== Equipment Used For Video Edits:2021 Apple iMac 24. Tyrion seemed pretty confident Jaime could take him on and Jaime didn't think much of him either. For a full schedule, please see the tournament hub. Although, once the debate started I had a feeling Robert was gonna win because his champion's argument was stronger than Dayne's champion. so kudos to him! Remember, though, dont discuss the debaters themselves or anything like that. It's a hard-earned slim majority. Jon decides he'd be better off finding a new life far away from Westerns. Sep 6, 2022. Gearwise, Robert generally has a reach advantage, but Dawn depletes that considerably and is also lighter and far more durable than anything less than Valyrian steel. No doubt Dayne is capable of such a feat, but let's not forget that Robert is a natural warrior with both excellent training and probably a fair bit of natural "talent" for fighting. CONTEXT Robert Baratheon Let's first take a look at Robert. @nishi99: I'm pretty sure he won only at the joust. He is just on another level. Jamie's reputation as top swordsman and few other accolades probably influenced people opinions aswell. I belive that people started putting them on certain level based on this quote: "..I learned from the White Bull and Barristan the Bold I learned from Ser Arthur Dayne, the Sword of the Morning, who could have slain all five of you with his left hand while he was taking a piss with the right. Answer (1 of 5): Robert. Gregor is a beast without a doubt, but there are few characters who have a good chance against him. Come join our discussions, post your own battles and kick some ass! House Dayne of Starfall is a noble house from Dorne and a vassal to House Martell. Robert won, yes, but he was gravely wounded. He has the far longer reach in this fight, as well as a cooler head, and by all accounts more combat skill. Menu. Robert's aggression, strength and thick armor works to his advantage in the above-mentioned setting. He also has the advantage in terms of weapons since medieval swords in all honesty was terrible against armor. I'm going to base this answer on both the books and the TV series. Dayne in the show is not impressive. Scenario 1: Robert faces of against Arthur Dayne instead of Rhaegar Targaryen at the battle of the trident (Book Dayne) He was an accomplished tourney knight whenever he felt it necessary to compete. Robert Baratheon was not as expected. Because a fighter of Dayne's caliber would realize the weaknesses of Robert's unique weapon and use it against him. The weight of Robert's weapon also affects him after he's finished an attack. Not because Robert was as skilled as him, but because he's got several advantages during the battle of the Trident: (I'll assume it's a 1-on-1 fight without anyone actively trying to interrupt or join the fight, otherwise it's a "normal" battlefield). Does it sound too easy? I have only seen the shows, but according to the book even Ned could not pick up Robert's Warhammer. The problem is that we don't know a lot about Dayne. And you say this based on the vast amount of knowledge GRRM has revealed to us about Arthur Dayne? Actually, I'd put my money on Robert. He would need to evade every single attack because he does not have the physical strength to block Roberts warhammer and a single blow from that huge hammer would probably break enough bones to decide the duel. Not Canon Compliant. Grats, Dayne, you've lost all leverage. Answer (1 of 32): I'll break with my usual tradition and make this a short answer. I think a fight between Robert and Dayne would be a very, very close match. The Gear: Gerold: Kingsguard heavy plate, poleaxe, light warhammer, dagger. Round 1 is the closest, since Robert in his prime was really solid. Plus Arthur Dayne could have been a good night based on his honour etc, rather than his fighting prowess. sometimes a huge advantage in offence, physical size and strength can be enough to beat speed and skill. I thought TheRealDills should have been hammering home that any missed attack by Robert when he was pressing forward would have left him open to a counter attack, and also I really thought Dills had it on the question of Robert's rage. Robert isn't better than Dayne, and its doubtful he'd win in a fight, regardless of circumstance. The demon of the trident vs. the sword of the morning. For now, however, he needed to deal with a King who - under the jovial bonhomie - clearly had a brain that was good for something more than keeping his ears from touching each other. GRRM said that with Dawn, Dayne is superior to Selmy but without it they're equals. Prime versions for the GoT team . First of all, he's dual wielding, and not even using his second sword in a way that truly benefits him (such as parrying with the offhand and stabbing with the main). Scenario 3: None of Robert's enemies are solidly armored, and he presumably would be, so that's a leg up for him, but against four opponents, that's an uphill fight. 7 Reply Would his brute strength have overpowered the incredible swordsmanship of The Sword of the Morning. Furthermore Dayne was incredibly strong (though still not as strong as Robert, obviously) in his own right. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. Prime Robert, whoever reads the books knows he has more feats of single combat, reach advantage strenght advantage and weapon advantage this is armoured 1v1, dayne is the favourite if somehow Bob agrees to have a sword duel warhammer on the menu and it's bobby b's fight to lose h2h Robert murderstomps hard, Dayne is the best swordsman, he wins against other swordsman but there's more and deadlier weapons. Let's see!#asoiaf #shorts #grrm #gameofthrones #gameofthronesfan. Feel free to discuss the debate topic here. The terrain works to the "dodger's" disadvantage. What do you think, guys? What are those weaknesses? The skill that he possesses is a dark horse since our only real source is 15 year old Jaime. The argument pretty much boiled down to the belief that the hammer trumps all. What were you just dying to chime in with when they were debating? At some point in the not too distant future, Tywin intended to speak firmly with some of his informants about that. Absolutely no chance Robert beats Dayne, no chance whatsoever. he was no slouch in skill or speed (trained by an arms master almost from birth), covered in armor, and wielded a massive warhammer thats specifically designed to crush armor (usual tactic is aim for the gaps). Robert was crowned king after King Aerys II Targaryen, his first cousin once removed, was killed during Robert's Rebellion. Ser Dayne, if he can use Dawn. Fck the fat King Bobby B! I would still go for Arthur though, out of skill, and swiftness. As per The Battle of the Seven Stars we know that Valayrian Steel can slice through plate armor and Dawn is described as sharp as it, so I think I would favor Dayne in this round up. Register Sign in. Honestly swords in general better as secondary weapons on the field. Female trained in Muay Thai for 2 years vs. male with no Press J to jump to the feed. I know you hear about it throughout the series, but the idea of a guy that big and powerful wielding a weapon like that.. in one hand?? Major congrats to /u/codylac. Among the two best fighters of their time, who would take it in these scenarios? Their ancestral weapon is Dawn, a blade forged from the metal of a fallen star. You are indeed where you belong. Dayne. Even a glancing blow would at least hurt - maybe even somewhat cripple - his opponent, as well as giving him an opening for a follow-up attack. Barristan Selmy vs. Robert Baratheon. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Just want to point out that being trained from birth is nothing special in relation to Dayne. This is always available (in addition to lots more info) on the tournament hub. He was a massive guy! Created by 2099. @ussj3071: This is all true, and yet Rhaegar Targaryen, who was very far behind Arthur as a fighter, gave Robert the fight of his life. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Finally, because of the setting Robert's entire body will be jarred anytime his weapon makes contact with the stones that compose the Tower of Joy, this is a definite terrain advantage to Dayne because of the setting being in the Tower of Joy, as opposed to an open field. As for Robert vs Dayne/Barristan don't get me wrong, Robert can't win either of those fights I think, but he certainly could hold in 1vs1 with either of them, enough for Clegane team helping him . Either way these are super fun and I thought both champions did a great job considering that we really never hear first hand accounts of either of these guys in action. Holy shit, can you imagine how it would feel to know you'd pissed him off? I've got to say I'm pretty surprised I won the debate, seeing as how Arthur's fandom on this sub Reddit is pretty immense but thanks to everyone who voted and I can't wait to see Robert through to becoming the tournament champ ;). In the end Ser Arthur would have lost to the Demon's Fury! By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. The Mountain was a brute with a sword. Among the two best fighters of their time, who would take it in these scenarios? Although these sometimes give some contradictory information. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. Soldiers are running, screaming and dying, the ground is slicked with blood and discarded weapons and limbs, arrows are whistling past your ear all in all it's a pretty chaotic situation. Our fifth debate and first semi-final, (Robert Baratheon vs. Arthur Dayne) was a matchup between two reknowned warriors with legendary weapons that added to their ability. And on the right side, the man with the warhammer. and our Do they make How well would Jesus Christ do at the Olympic Games? I am officially team Robert for the rest of the tournament! 41.2K 1.1K 12. Still, it was a cool debate to see. All hail Bobby B! I think Barristan would win rather easily, all it would take is one big swing and miss by Robert and it was over. If you enjoy my #shorts, please consider becoming a Patreon :) . Distance control simply means stepping backwards to ensure that your enemy stays just at the edge of your threat range. Geralt of Rivia vs Game of Thrones team. Robert was a big, hulking dude, and it's safe to assume he didn't base his fighting on agile movements. (Spoilers Extended) Theory Request: Why did no Dragon Press J to jump to the feed. The votes were: 258 to 174. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. I agree with the warhammer part. Just wanted to specify this point, as I think it's very important to the outcome of the fight. He didn't say anything about them being the top swordsmen to the best of my knowledge, but it does kinda go without saying anyway. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. Skill-wise I rank Dayne higher, but the chaos of the battlefield would punish him more than Robert, costing him the win. In the end, it came down to Roberts proven history over Arthurs ultimate defeat. During Robert's Rebellion, King Aerys II Targaryen sent Gerold Hightower, Lord Commander of the Kingsguard, to retrieve Rhaegar.The prince returned to the crownlands, but left Gerold, Ser Arthur Dayne, and Ser Oswell Whent to guard Lyanna at the tower. Prelude. Robert would lose all 3 rounds. He didn't say anything about them being the top swordsmen to the best of my knowledge, but it does kinda go without saying anyway. I don't see why not, Dayne was damn good, but Robert was as well and his hammer was designed to counter heavy armor like Dayne's. I also doubt that Valyrian steel can cut through plate armor, that's kinda fallacious, it's not Adamantium. Can IRL science and blacksmiths forge a katana that would How many superpowers can Batman get in 24 hours? He sounds like he's quite literally the best fighter mentioned in the series. That's not what we're voting on, however. The Dragon Radar now also detects Infinity Stones as well One lightly armed 7 year old every day for ten years, or Kratos (God of War) vs Ra (Egyptian Mythology). Arthur Dayne How will the amazing knight do against his dominant opponent? Dayne wins here, but not without very high difficulty, and not a large majority at that. Their seat is the castle of Starfall. Peter Parker gets drafted by an NFL team. I'm shocked that Robert Baratheon won, and more shocked that it wasn't even a close vote. Jamie says Dawn is so sharp Danye cut his shoulder, completely bypassing the tunic and whatever else he was wearing, without Jaimie feeling it. Show Dayne runs by the rule of cool and the fact that armor in the Game of Thrones show is basically just extra clothing for swords to penetrate effortlessly. Edit: I thought it meant show Robert in round 2. Arthur Dayne vs Robert Baratheon. He most likely gets stabbed from behind. Have I missed something? Great Debate! Robert's hammer is deadly, but incredibly heavy and despite his freakish strength, Robert would have to commit when he is attacking with such a heavy weapon. Following the war, Robert married Cersei Lannister to ensure political . That might be for the best, actually, it's good to keep these debates grounded in realistic battle strategy rather than subjective character opinions. And well even without statements, Selmy has the most impressive feats in recent history (and he has quite a lot of those), and Dayne is always considered his peer in terms of raw skill, along with feats like killing the Smiling Knight and many statements, for example Ned describing him as the finest swordsman he had ever seen. Put 'em in an arena, though, and the odds would turn the other way, I think. News and discussions relating to George R. R. Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" novels, his Westeros-based short stories, the "Game of Thrones" and "House of the Dragon" TV series, and all things ASOIAF - but with particular emphasis on the written series. if arthur even gets close, hes in trouble. All in all, I think a confrontation between Arthur Dayne and Robert Baratheon ends with Dayne floating down a crimson river 7 or 8 times out of 10. About Press Copyright Contact us Creators Advertise Developers Terms Privacy Policy & Safety How YouTube works Test new features Press Copyright Contact us Creators . The drunkard, the giant, the one and only: Robert Baratheon. As fight itself. Robert: one of the best heavy plate armours of the realm, heavy warhammer, oaken shield with steel reinforcements, dagger. Westeros' greatest warrior in his prime. Stalemate if Dayne is using normal swordDayne if with Dawn. A fun parody of Game of Thrones where I meme the crap out of Robert Baratheon and add in a lot of creative and funny edits.Thank you to my Patrons: DXXG, Wes. Yeah, pretty much. With limited vision and somewhat limited movement by his armor his chance of just evading like /u/TheRealDills suggested just wasn't possible. All he had was his height and his strength. There is even the possibility that because of his weapon's design and weight that it could get stuck in the stone. Any suggestions going forward? Robert was about 6'6 and wore a Stag helm, whi. Warhammers were designed to be brutal against armored opponents, and Robert had the option of wielding it with a shield. Well see him again in on September 10 when he fights either Syrio Forel or Barristan Selmy. 4 Reply Cinematica09 4 yr. ago How dare you??!! Although, I don't really buy into that too much. Robert baratheon, is a berserker, with superior stregth, and reach (with his warhammer) If Arthur had Dawn, he is unbeatable, but with an ordinary, or even valyrian steel sword, it evens the odds out. Robert beat Prince Rhaegar & Rhaegar was a legendary swordsman. I was quite surprised that it wasn't mentioned that Ned Stark called Arthur Dayne the greatest knight ever, without even talking up Bobby B, his BFF. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. In retaliation, their mentor Jon Arryn called forth the banners of The North, The Vale, The Riverlands and The Stormlands to unite and rebel against the Targaryan Dynasty. Its possible that he was a better lance than he was a sword. A Forum of Ice and Fire A Song of Ice and Fire & Game of Thrones By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. Robert Baratheon (in his prime) vs. Arthur Dayne Serious The demon of the trident vs. the sword of the morning. If your comments are seen as attacking anyone involved, theyll be removed. Assuming book versions, Dayne 6/10 with high difficulty. #1 Edited By phillip33. I was dying to chime in during the debate that Arthur Dayne would not be "running away" from Robert Baratheon, or tiring himself out by evading Robert's attacks, he would be performing simple distance control. Lots of things are likely to hinder both fighters unless they're agile and quick on their feet. George was in my town so of course I had to say hello (NO [Spoilers Extended] Not sure if this has been mentioned [Spoilers Extended] I appreciate how George uses archers (Spoilers Extended) I really hope House of the Dragon (Spoilers Main) The show is not pro-black or pro-green ( spoiler extended ) Westeros and Essos satellite style [Spoilers Main] Prominent sigils shown in House of the (No Spoilers) New Interview With GRRM Confirms HBO Passed (spoilers main) Why doesnt Tywin take another wife and [spoilers main] how good of a fighter was Ned Stark? I don't have a quote so don't take me for my word, but I believe GRRM stated that without Dawn, Dayne and Prime Selmy would be the top swordsmen. Cookie Notice All knights(and most warrior cultures in general) are trained from a very young age. Round 3 Robert would have a chance, but it's doubtful he's skilled enough to beat all of them at once. Dayne with Dawn. The Battle of the Seven Stars is EXTREMELY ancient history, it doesn't have very credible documentation. Privacy Policy. This was posted a long time ago, but Dayne should stomp. No one signed up to have their debating critiqued so keep discussion to the characters rather than your fellow crows. @the_red_viper: We really don't know. 0 wins (0%) 0 (0%) 2 wins (100%) Arthur Dayne: power stats. @kilius GRRM said that with Dawn, Dayne is superior to Selmy but without it they're equals. Notes: Inspired by In The. And he gave Robert a good fight. If they fight like they did in the show, I give Robert decent odds at defending the weak joints of his armor and crushing chests in. Robert I Baratheon is the King of the Andals, the Rhoynar, and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm of Westeros, and the head of House Baratheon of King's Landing. Robert cannot adjust his angle of attack once he starts swinging, the weapon is too heavy to do that. He was a Lord from like 16 so he may never have said his vows. He makes ol' Mag feel weak when thunders strait through enemy lines to smash the skulls of his enemies. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising.

Remove Blank Page In Overleaf, Pestle Analysis Of Singapore Business, Homes For Sale In Clearfield, Pa, Why Did Gertrude Marry Claudius Quotes, Yield Strength For Main Reinforcement Steel In Kn/m2, Scholastic Children's Thesaurus, How To Fill Gaps Between Bricks, How Long Does It Take To Ventilate A Room, Manager Illumina Salary,

robert baratheon vs arthur dayneAuthor:

robert baratheon vs arthur dayne